Monday, May 11, 2009

Vintage Jersey City Landmarks

Check out these vintage Jersey City Postcards we found...

'Jersey City High School', this postcard has no date but in 1913, the school was renamed 'William L. Dickinson High School' and is a working high school to this day.


'Van Vorst Park' in 1908
(still in use)

Jersey City Public Library, 1907
(still in use today, located on the corner of Jersey Ave and Montgomery street)

Jersey City Court House and County Jail, 1906
(This is the old Jersey City Court House, they replaced it in 1910 with the current 'William J. Brennan Hudson County Courthouse'. The Hudson County Administration building now stands on this original site 595 Newark Ave)

Hotel Plaza, Jersey City 1936, near Journal Square
(now a Senior Citizens Building)


Paulus Hook Monument, 1905
(still standing)

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your site! It has so much life! I wish I were closer-I would love to be able to shop there more often-but at least I get to shop your great finds at the Manhatten Vintage Show!

    Fabulous "model" shots! Great photography and great vintage! I think this is one of the best vintage clothing sites out there! Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete